My name is Evan Ogas. This is my game development blog.

Thursday, October 26, 2006

Pointers Hurt My Brain

So, over the past week, I have been up to three things instead of programming Araknoid:
1. Preparing for a show with my band.
2. Earning big cash money on the stock market simulation.
3. Trying to learn C

The hardest one has become number three simply for the fact that pointers SUCK! Other than that, C is pretty cool. If anyone was wondering, I'm learning from K&R on the suggestion of a friend (and half the internet). After I'm done, I think I'll mess around with DirectX then move onto C++. Haha, I've been programming so much I initially punctuated that last sentence with a semicolon. I'll be learning C++ from Stroustrup. Here's to a close future of pointers and self memory management. I'm not saying goodbye to C# by a long shot. I'm just trying to gain a better appreciation of the art. (No, I'm not learning assembly)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home