My name is Evan Ogas. This is my game development blog.

Saturday, November 04, 2006

Beta 2 and Pretty Additive Colors

With the onslaught of Beta 2, I figured I should probably convert Araknoid, and I did. There were a few hassles here and there, but they ended up being very easy to fix. Araknoid is completely up to date with the Beta 2 version of the XNA Framework. The makers of the Mercury Particle Engine have also been making progress and have released their v1.0 beta. One big change is that the colors no longer make use of SpriteBlendMode.AlphaBlend, but SpriteBlendMode.Additive. This turns out to give the particles an entirely new look, one which I like a lot. Screenshots will be available when I make some more levels.

1 Comments:

Blogger evan said...

Cool, I think it looks way better with additive.

12:15 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home